The QuickBooks error code 15102 usually occurs while downloading the latest payroll updates and makes it difficult for the user to update the payroll function. There can be other possible causes for the error like the required components not working properly. If you are facing the error 15102 QuickBooks, you can resolve it by following the steps given in this article. Keep reading till the end to learn all the reasons and solutions for the error message 15102 in QuickBooks.
Unable to troubleshoot the error or need help with the same, you can reach out to us for assistance by contacting our support team at 1-855-948-3646.
QuickBooks Error 15102 – Reasons
The reasons why the error code arises are –
- The download location you are using is unavailable or incorrect.
- You are using the multi-user mode to operate the QuickBooks application.
- You are not logged in as an admin with a Windows Vista operation system.
You may read also : QuickBooks Payroll Error PS107
Ways to Address the Error Code
The error 15102 QuickBooks can be fixed in the following ways –
Step 1 – Verifying the Download Location
The shared download location verification can help in resolving the QuickBooks error code 15102.
- From the QuickBooks Help menu, select Product Information and note down the location of the downloaded file.
- Select Update QuickBooks and go to the Options tab.
- Verify the download location and change it if it’s incorrect.
- Click Yes for Shared Download and Save.
Step 2 – Remapping the Drive
If the download location in the above step is correct, you can try remapping the drive.
- Remap your network drive to a new letter.
- Open your company file using the new drive letter.
- Go to the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks.
- Go to the Options tab and turn off the Shared Download.
- Now, turn the Shared Download on and verify the download location.
- Ensure that the download location is using the new mapped-drive letter and click on Save.
- Try downloading the latest tax table again and see if the payroll tax table update error 15102 is resolved.
Step 3 – Disabling the Multi-User Mode
If you are using the multi-user mode, log out of all the users and perform the below-given steps –
- On the workstation that is having issues, open QuickBooks.
- Go to the File menu and select Switch to Single User.
- Once done, try updating payroll again.
Step 4 – Running QuickBooks as an Admin
You cannot download and install payroll updates without admin rights. Run QuickBooks as an admin to fix the QuickBooks payroll error 15102.
- Select the Switch User option from the Start menu.
- Choose an admin account and log in.
- Right-click the QB icon and select Run as Admin.
The above-given steps can help you in resolving the error 15102 QuickBooks, if the QuickBooks payroll update problems still exist, you might need advanced troubleshooting. Get in touch with our technical assistance team and they will help you fix the error effectively.