When it comes to cleaning your vehicle there is a love/hate relation. You either love your car for a passion and it’s your passion and your love or you dread the thought of having to clean your floor mat. You just think it will rot wherever it is. Here are some suggestions for the car enthusiast who wants to keep your vehicle’s exterior with the ease of a professional.
Are there any general rules I can follow?
Yes. If you’re part of the group of car enthusiasts and washing your vehicle is like chicken soup that soothes your soul then there are certain things to consider. Cleaning your car is fun and easy, and regular washing can help a brand new paint job retain its luster. However, as easy cleaning your vehicle appear, there are points to keep an eye on to ensure that you don’t damage or ruin the appearance of the finish. Here are some of the most basic car washing techniques.
- Shade can be your best friend. Your vehicle’s surface must be cool. If your car is heated the soap suds may dry too fast, causing staining to the surface , and may require another wash. Washing your car is fun beyond doing it once during your lunch break.
- Pre-soak. Make sure your vehicle is pre-soaked to eliminate dirt, bugs, and other heavy contaminants such as water bottles, rocks, McDonald’s wrappers, and even bunny remains.
- Douse mild liquid is the best car wash soap and an easy car wash mitt or any other type of towel that is designed to preserve the shine of your car’s paint. It is important to renew your water on a regular basis.
- Patience young Jedi. We usually just wash the entire car before getting to work. Negative ghost riders Wash a portion at a time and then wash it off. It is best to start with the roof of your vehicle, then work your way towards the hood as well as the rear. It is logical to work from top down to avoid creating additional work for yourself.Next take care to take care to clean the upper quarter panels before moving towards the lower parts including the rocker panels. The lower part of your vehicle is always stuffed with additional “stuff” on it and the longer time you soak your sponge while working your way down will assist in eliminating this grit. The sequence from top to bottom is essential because you risk tiny pieces of debris stick to the sponge or mitt, which could cause scratches to your vehicle.
- Get rid of your mitt! This is one of the most difficult tips because it’s a diligence necessity. It is easy to place the mitt or the cloth back in the water, and then rinse it out as it soaks up more soapy water. T his is bad! Always rinse your sponge or your mitt before placing it back into the wash bucket to wash it again. Begin with clean water and finish with fresh water. The act of dipping your dirty mitt in the bucket will help you rub the dirt on your car. If you’ve ever wondered why your car is streaking even when you’re washing it, this is the answer.
- Rinse, rinse, rinse. Clean your car thoroughly and thoroughly all over. If you’re happy and feel that you’re finished, you can go on and wash it one more time.
- Tires, rims. Your car washing drawer should contain a variety of different gloves and cleaning cloths inside it. We strongly suggest using a different one to wash the rims and tires of your vehicle, and a different one for the body. Using a different mitt specifically for the wheels can reduce the likelihood that you’ll scratch your car’s paint from brake dust and dirt that you collect from the wheels. You’ll be amazed at by how many people use similar water, and mitts to wash and rinse everything. It’s a good idea to go straight into the bodyshop for your car after you’re finished.
- Wheels. Ah, your joy and pride. Be careful when cleaning your wheels, particularly when you’re using a Spray-on cleaner for your wheels. Wheels can get extremely hot when the vehicle is just being driven or is sitting in the sunlight. If you spray cleaning chemicals onto heated metals, substances are likely to evaporate and you’ll eventually breathe the fumes. It’s obvious that this isn’t good for your well-being and, depending on the temperature and chemical, it could result in damage to items like Chrome and specific coatings.
- DO NOT purchase the expensive automotive cleaners. Instead, choose the mild liquid soap that has been dilute. This will accomplish all the tasks you needto do, like cleaning grease, dirt and films without harming plastics or other substances. Many people make use of household soaps, however you should be aware to avoid using a harsh detergent. Choose mild soaps, and, if you are able, choose one which is safe for your car. The major benefit is that it’ll cost less than popular auto detailing products.
- The process of drying. Dry your vehicle quickly to avoid water spots. Chamois works well and will allow you to move swiftly through a car with sun shining on it.
What should I do after I clean my vehicle?
The wash should be completed procedure by applying wax and cleaning your windows inside and outside. Applying wax to your vehicle is like applying sunscreen on your skin. It offers protection against UV radiations, which can cause fade and also anything that could be absorbed by the paint.
You’ll be able to keep your high-gloss finish for a greater period of time. It is available in both a polymer and carnauba form. Both kinds of wax function similar functions, however the polymer wax will not get hazy as it dries, and is typically removed quickly after application. The choice between the carnauba wax or the polymer is comparable to making the choice between regular or synthetic engine oil. Polymer wax is more costly, but it is also simpler to apply and it performs better.
For glass The rules for glass are quite easy. Avoid the things you’re destined to do which is take out Windex and other glass cleaners. They could contain ammonia that could damage your car’s window tint. Choose your best car window cleaner to get the best results. Make sure you wipe it down two times to ensure the cleaner has been completely removed. If you’re in a pinch you could make use of diluted white vinegar solution since it’s an organic, low-cost cleanser for your home that is likely to be streak-free.
Final thoughts and suggestions…
Don’t… move your sponge or mitt in circles. This can result in small visible scratches, known as swirl marks. Instead, drag the sponge in a long way across the body’s hood and other panels. If your sponge falls wash it off thoroughly. Never apply a sponge that is on the ground or sunk into dirty soapy water. Make sure to clean out your bucket.
Maintain your shine. If you’re about to fall asleep at night due to the thought of taking your freshly waxed vehicle out for an errand, or (God forbid!) get to work then you’ll be tempted to keep some tools at hand to maintain your shine. There are many sprays that are designed to eliminate everyday dirt and help keep your wax at its best. Put this and a microfiber cloth in your trunk and you’re ready.