Two Efficient Ways to Handle QuickBooks Error 6190 816
The QuickBooks error 6190 816 is a usual technical glitch that interrupts while you try to access your company file. It often displays an alert warning message, “QuickBooks 6190 816: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”. Incurring the issue can result in difficulty working as the user cannot fetch important data from the company file. Hence, this blog focuses on the matter in detail and provides you with some valuable debugging methods.
You must contact one of our technical experts if you are unable to troubleshoot the QuickBooks company file error 6190 816 through Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891 for instant guidance.
What Triggers the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message 6190 816?
Take reference from the following enlisted reasons to know why you encounter such a company file error-
- If you have not updated your version of the QuickBooks Desktop, then there is a chance of incurring the problem.
- Secondly, it might be possible that two of the essential QuickBooks files, network data, and transaction log files, have been damaged or even corrupted.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 15276
Which are the Top Methods to Accurately Troubleshoot the Company File Error 6190 816 in QuickBooks?
Here are two fixing methods that would completely debug the issue within no time. Check them out-
SOLUTION 1: Check for the Latest Updates Of the QuickBooks Desktop To Update It
- Before moving on to the Windows Start menu, ensure to exit the QuickBooks software.
- Search for QuickBooks and then right-click on the icon to choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- After that, keep holding the ‘Ctrl’ key and double-click on the QuickBooks icon. By doing it, you will be navigated to the No Company Open screen.
- On the existing window, click on the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option available under the ‘Help’ menu.
- In the ‘Options’ section, choose ‘Mark All’ and then ‘Save’.
- Next, hit the ‘Update Now’ tab mark the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox.
- In the next step, download the update after clicking ‘Get Updates’.
- In the end, open the QuickBooks Desktop again and tap on the ‘Yes’ button to install the updates.
SOLUTION 2: Eliminate the Issue By Renaming the Transaction Log and Network Data File
- In the beginning, from your Windows desktop, move to the location where the data file has been stored.
- After you open the folder, there are two files that you need to find.
- Both the files will have a duplicate name as of the company file along with the .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Once you locate them, right-click on any one file and hit the ‘Rename’ option.
- Replace the original name with a new name; you can edit the file name by adding ‘.OLD’ at the very end.
- Save its name by pressing the ‘Enter’ key.
- In the next step, you are required to follow these same steps to change the name of the other file.
- After successfully renaming both files, close the folder and run your QuickBooks.
We hope this blog has not only helped you in eliminating the QuickBooks error 6190 816 but made you understand the entire concept of the glitch. So for any further queries, feel free to have a one-to-one consultation with the team of certified professionals via our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891.