There is no doubt that QuickBooks Desktop is a unique accounting software employed by companies all across the globe. However, no accounting software is perfect, and QuickBooks Desktop is no exception to this universal truth. This post will discuss QuickBooks error 1722, which many users have encountered recently while installing QuickBooks Desktop on their systems. Usually, such QuickBooks installation errors occur when the Windows operating system gets outdated. Although, several other reasons can cause the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 1722, which you will learn below, along with their troubleshooting ways.
Getting frustrated with QuickBooks error 1722 and want assistance to get over it straight away? If affirmative, don’t wait to contact our QuickBooks experts at +1-855-856-0042.
What are the reasons that cause QuickBooks error code 1722?
Apart from the outdated Windows operating system, the followings are the reasons due to which QuickBooks error code 1722 arises:
1. The Windows components required for installing the QuickBooks Desktop are damaged.
Do read this short guide: QuickBooks has stopped working
What should you do to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 1722?
Solution 1- Download the latest Windows updates on your system
1. Hit the Windows icon key to unfold the Start menu on your keyboard.
2. In the search column, type “settings” and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
3. Choose Update & Security from the set of options.
4. Click on the Windows Update tab.
5. After that, choose the Check for updates option to find the updates available for your Windows operating system.
6. Go through the on-screen directives to install the available Windows updates.
Once your Windows operating system is updated, try to install QuickBooks Desktop. If you get QuickBooks error 1722 again, move to the second solution.
You can also see: QuickBooks Error 6129
Solution 2- Repair the Windows components required for the installation of QuickBooks
1. On your system, open any web browser and visit the web of Intuit.
2. From there, get QuickBooks Tool Hub of the most present version (220.127.116.11).
3. Save the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file you have downloaded on your Windows Desktop.
4. Click twice the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
5. Act as per the on-screen directions and agree to the terms and conditions to install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
6. Click twice the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub on your Windows Desktop.
7. Head to the Installation Issues tab given at the left-sidebar.
8. Choose the option named QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
9. Keep patience as the tool may take up to 15-20 minutes to diagnose and fix the Windows components required for the installation of QuickBooks.
10. Reboot your system when the tool finishes.
11. After that, verify if you can install QuickBooks Desktop on your system now.
You may also like to read: QuickBooks Error H303
We hope you will be able to get over QuickBooks error 1722 after applying the troubleshooting solutions explained above. If you fail to do so, then any third-party security applications are probably blocking the installation of QuickBooks Desktop on your computer. Therefore, our suggestion is to switch your system to Windows safe mode and then try to install QuickBooks Desktop. You can also ask for extra troubleshooting support fixing QuickBooks error code 1722 by contacting our QuickBooks technical team at +1-855-856-0042.