QuickBooks is preferred by numerous small and medium-sized businesses for accounting activities. It has a variety of features that makes accounting easy and effortless. But, there are some technical issues that annoy users. Sometimes, QuickBooks crashes when opening company file or shuts down when opening. There are numerous reasons behind this QuickBooks Desktop error, such as damaged Windows operating system and QBWUSER.INI file. To know what triggers QuickBooks crashing and how to fix it, read the blog until the end.
Troubled because QuickBooks crashes when opening company file? We got you. Dial our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and get immediate troubleshooting assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals
Reasons that can trigger QuickBooks Outlook crash
Down below are some major causes behind the error:
- Operating an outdated QuickBooks Desktop and damaged Windows operating system.
- Presence of damaged QuickBooks program files in the directory.
- Corruption in the computer’s hard drive.
- Damaged installation of QuickBooks software.
- Missing QBWUSER.INI file from the QuickBooks folder.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 12007
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks crashes after login error
Solution 1. Stop QBCFMonitor Service from running and prevent it from restarting
- On your keyboard, tap the Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys to open up the Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab, and click the Image Name header to display the processes in alphabetical order.
- Choose QBCFMonitorService.exe and select End Process.
- Finally, click Yes on the warning message.
- Now, open the Run window by tapping the Windows icon and R keys jointly on your keyboard.
- Type services.msc in the Run box, click OK, and scroll down the list.
- Look for QBCFMonitorService and double-click it to open the Properties.
- Select Disabled as the Startup Type and click Apply.
Solution 2. Fix QuickBooks crashing issue by running Quick Fix my Program from the QB Tool Hub
- Ensure you have closed all open company files before quitting the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once done, open your web browser and download the setup file of the recently released QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- Save the file somewhere you can easily find it, like your Windows desktop.
- Open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file, follow the instructions given on the screen, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.
- Select the Program Problems tab, click Quick Fix my Program and let it run to resolve program issues.
Solution 3. Name the QBWUSER.ini file again to fix the damage
- Browse to the folder containing QuickBooks company files and search for the QBWUSER.ini file.
- Right-click the file, click the Rename option, and include the word .old after the extension.
- Press the Enter key to save the name and then change the name of the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Once done, start QuickBooks again and try to open the company file.
That’s all about QuickBooks crashes when opening company file error. We believe the solutions discussed above will surely help you eliminate the issue. If you face any difficulty following the troubleshooting procedure, connect with the QuickBooks support team for help by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6190