Users may get the QuickBooks Error 1904 if there occurs a file damage or a file is placed at an incorrect location. When you upgrade the operating system of the computer, the components of the application may not sync up properly. You should reboot the system after any upgrade, other wise such errors may crop up. The error occurs with a message saying that ‘Error 1904: [file path/nam/extension] failed to register.’ The error may also merger with other QuickBooks errors and may show sign of installation error. There are various reasons behind the error and similarly different troubleshooting methods. We will discuss all the details in this article.
if you come across the QuickBooks Error 1904 while using the QuickBooks application and you need an expert to assist you through the process of resolution, contact us at our 1.855.738.2891
What are the reasons behind the QuickBooks error code 1904?
here are various reasons behind the QuickBooks error code 1904. We have enumerated them for you so that it could easily be narrowed down for resolution:
- One reason behind the error can be the low maintenance of the Computer.
- A QuickBooks components if gets missing or gets damaged can cause the error.
- If you have not updated your application from a very long time, the error may occur.
- If the source of installation files are corrupt or compromised.
- Hard-drive corruption or damage can get you error 1904.
How can you fix the QuickBooks Desktop Error code 1904?
There are multiple types of methods that can help you resolve the QuickBooks Desktop Error code 1904. The types and their methods have been provided below for you:
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 3120
Common solution for the error
- You should consider downloading a fresh QuickBooks software from an authentic source. Before uninstalling, do collect your Product info, license info, and other necessary details.
- Update your windows and then reboot it.
- You can use the QuickBooks repair utility to fix QuickBooks Error 1904 easily.
If you still get error, after performing these steps, you should consider Manual solution to repair the error.
Manual Solution to fix the QuickBooks Error 1904
You may need to perform the clean install the QuickBooks Desktop application if the error persists. You can either do it manually or use the tool. The steps for both have been provided
- Go to the ‘Control Panel’
- Search Uninstall and reach the page by search result.
- Uninstall the QuickBooks application by clicking on it
- Open the system drive and reach the program folder of Intuit.
- Rename all the folders individually by adding the (.OLD) extension.
- Install the QuickBooks application again from an authentic source.
To perform the Clean Install process through the tool, the steps are as follows:
- Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop application as explained in the previous steps.
- Check the version of QuickBooks tools hub on your computer.
- Get the latest version, install it, and open it.
- Go to the ‘Installation Issues’ section.
- Click on the button saying ‘Clean Install Tool’ to run it.
- It initiates the process of resolution.
- You can now install the application again.
Through this blog, we discussed the causes behind the QuickBooks errors 1904 and the troubleshooting methods effective in resolving it. If you come across any issues while resolving the error and you want an expert’s assistance, call us at our 1.855.738.2891
Read also: QuickBooks Script Error