QuickBooks accounting software offers various features that add value to a firm’s accounting and bookkeeping operations. However, despite its significance, users face technical glitches and frozen systems due to message pop-ups stating error 15101 QuickBooks update. These snags lower productivity and classify as a run-time error. Users usually see this error when they launch QuickBooks or update payroll to download the tax tables.
Since these errors can be a threat to the sensitive financial data of the end-users, it is critical to know the reasons and potential troubleshooting options. Although this segment will cover these points, users can still contact our experts for additional assistance.
Meaning of QuickBooks Error Message 15101
When the user tries to update QuickBooks or QuickBooks payroll, QuickBooks error message 15101 pops up. It indicates that QuickBooks cannot update due to connectivity failure. It usually happens when QuickBooks cannot access secure websites or the internet connection is unstable.
Reasons behind QuickBooks Error Code 15101
Errors and lags in processing can be highly frustrating to the end-user. However, knowing the reasons and solutions behind such issues can be helpful. The following points highlight why users see QuickBooks error code 15101 frequently:
- When the digital signature certificate is not installed in the system, QuickBooks errors like 15101 can appear. Moreover, a bad internet connection or outdated digital signature certificate also hinders the application’s processing.
- Sometimes, the QB services do not get initiated properly on Windows or the Windows Firewall obstructs QuickBooks connection to the internet. It prompts error code 15101 to pop up.
- The interference of third-party applications with internal QuickBooks processing or a virus attacking the system can cause this error. Improper QBWebConnector.exe program setup can also result in such issues.
You may read also : QuickBooks Update Error 15311
Troubleshooting Solutions to Fix QB Update Error 15101
Since the reasons for QB error 15101 can be various, the following strategies can get implemented:
Solution #1: Launch the QuickBooks Reboot.bat File
Begin this process by exiting the QuickBooks desktop program. Next, follow the following steps:
- Choose the QB icon and go to the Properties section. From there, click on the Open File Location option.
- After opening the File location, search the Reboot.bat file, right-click and select Run as Administrator. All the QB file commands will get displayed at the same moment.
- Accomplish the QuickBooks service repairing process by waiting for the QuickBooks reboot.bat file. In the end, open QuickBooks and re-initiate payroll updates.
Solution #2: Install the Digital Signature Certificate
Before implementing this solution, ensure to take a backup of QuickBooks company files to avoid unfortunate data loss. The steps involved include:
- Begin with navigating to C: Program FilesIntuitQuickBooks file destination and look for QBW32.exe. Follow it by right-clicking on this file and opting for the Properties tab.
- Next, go to the digital signatures tab and confirm that Intuit.inc has gotten selected in the signature list. Then, hit on details and click on View Certificate from the digital signature window.
- Go to Install Certificate from the certificate window and follow on-screen instructions until the Finish option appears. Then, the user must click on the Finish button to end the process.
- After finishing everything, restart the computer and relaunch the QuickBooks application. Then, try to download the latest updates.
Although the solutions mentioned above must resolve the error 15101 QuickBooks update, users can still reach our experts at the toll-free number for additional expertise and assistance.
You may read also : Error 15102 QuickBooks